Roanoke Valley Governor's School: College Applications Resource Page
Hosted by Roanoke Valley Governor's School and Prompt, the leaders in application and essay coaching.
Application and Essay Resources
Click to register for one of Prompt’s webinars on the day that works best for you!Choose your webinarChoose your webinar
Our next webinars are:
Thursday, May 18th at 6:30PM ET
Wednesday, May 24th at 9:30 PM ET
Wednesday, June 14th at 8:00 PM ET
Automatically create a list of every essay you need to write across your applications, Create your list
including for scholarships (requires creating an account).
Step-by-step guidance for planning and writing the most common essays (requires creating an account).Access the Tools
Detailed articles on everything required for your applications and essays.Visit the center
Founded in 2014 by 3 MIT grads, Prompt is the fastest-growing writing education company. Our mission is to make students better writers.
Prompt is the highest rated and most recommended application and essay coaching company.
High schools recommend us
Part 1: Identify what you'll write about
- Use Prompt's Application Plan to learn what colleges will find most compelling about you and start brainstorming your content.
- Video call with your coach to complete brainstorming and align on your best content.
Part 2: Write your Personal Statement first draft
- Draft an outline for your Common App Essay using Prompt's Personal Statement Outlining Tool
- Video call with your coach to discuss and align on your outline. Start your introduction.
- Complete your first draft and submit it to your coach for feedback.
Part 3: Revise and finalize your Personal Statement
- Your coach provides detailed feedback on how to improve the content and structure of your draft.
- Revise your essay based on the feedback and submit it to your coach.
- Iterate the essay with your coach through to the final check.